With Spring showing it's glorious face and a light very much at the end of the tunnel, we thought we would celebrate with some delightful risotto recipes for you to enjoy. Mimi has provided her usual scrumptious takes on these classic recipes and not forgetting a cheeky chocolate pud to end. YUM!
First Up, Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
- 1tbs oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 275g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 150g asparagus spears, stalks sliced into rounds and tips reserved
- 800ml hot chicken or veg stock
- 350g mixed mushrooms
- 75g Parmesan, grated
- 1 bunch chopped chives
- A large knob of butter
- Heat oil and fry onions, garlic until golden. Add rice and stir in the white wine... boil this for a couple of minutes till nearly evaporated. Add the asparagus stalks and slowly add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly until the rice is tender and all stock has been absorbed.
- Add chopped mushrooms abs asparagus tips and stir for about 3 minutes until softened.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan, chives and the butter plus s&p .... serve with a crisp green salad and a dollop of creme fraiche on top ❤️
Next, is a delectable Seafood, Chorizo and Saffron Risotto ❤️
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 200g chorizo sausage, diced
- Pinch saffron
- 1 ltr hot veg stock
- 400g packet of seafood selection
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Handful of grated Parmesan
- 1tbs creme fraiche
- Melt the butter and fry onion until soft then add garlic and chorizo and cook for about 5 mins. Add the rice and saffron and stir well. Slowly add the stock, one ladle at a time until all absorbed and rice is soft. Stir constantly!
- Stir in the seafood, creme fraiche, chopped parsley and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and s&p .... enjoy! 😋🥂
next up is Mimi’s all-time favourite risotto .... 💕💕💕
Lemon and Rocket Risotto
- Juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 125g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300g risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 750ml chicken stock
- 2 x bags wild rocket, chopped
- 50g grated Parmesan
- Heat 50g butter and olive oil in a pan, add onion, garlic and lemon zest. Cook until soft.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the wine and boil for 2 mins, stirring constantly.
- Add stock a little at a time until all used up... keep stirring! Finally add remaining butter, chopped rocket, lemon juice and Parmesan plus s&p....
- Now pour a glass of your favourite chilled white wine and tuck in!!
Yummy Risotto of Green Pea and Smoked Salmon
Serves 3 as a main
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g risotto rice
50ml white wine
800ml fish or chicken stock
225g chopped smoked salmon
150g frozen peas
2tbsp parsley, chopped
150g grated Parmesan
Rocket and creme fraiche to serve
- Cook onions, garlic in the butter until soft, add rice and stir in the white wine & cook for 3 mins until absorbed.
- Now slowly add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until all absorbed.
- When the rice is soft stir in the mascarpone, smoked salmon, peas, parsley and 2/3rds of the Parmesan
- Cook for a few minutes until peas are soft then season and serve in bowls topped with some rocket and a dollop of creme fraiche x
.... and as a little treat for afters why not make these divine little chocolate pots ❤️
Divine Chocolate Pots
- 300ml dark chocolate
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml full fat creme fraiche
- 6 x small ramekin dishes
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water... add 200ml double cream, stir until combined together and the chocolate has melted. Take off the heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and pour into the small dishes. Leave in fridge to set for at least 3 hours...
- Once set pour remaining double cream over each mousse and grate chocolate on top...
Thank You Mimi xxx