From quick lunch & dinner ideas, to a cake to make you look forward to tea time. Customer Mimi has shared some of her favourite recipes with us for all the family to enjoy! First up , an oh so scrummy toffee & banana cake.
Toffee and Banana Cake
- 20cm square lined tin
- 180 degrees C
- 50g butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 50 g chopped pecan nuts
- 150g butter
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175g SR flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbls treacle
- Pinch of salt
- First make topping by melting sugar and butter then gently boil until thickened slightly... pour into base of lined tray and twist tin around to cover the paper with toffee mixture.
- Toast the nuts in the oven at 180degrees for 5 mins
- Make sponge by creaming butter and sugar together, add the eggs one at a time, add vanilla extract, baking powder, spices and treacle then fold in the flour. Stir in the nuts
- Slice about 3 big bananas and arrange on top of the toffee topping in the tin then dollop the cake mixture on top of the bananas... cook for about 30 mins until golden and springy...
- Take out of oven and leave for 10 mins to cook then tip out onto a plate and enjoy xxx
Next comes a lunch time frittata, perfect to use up leftovers whilst keeping healthy and delicious!
- 350g potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- Handful of mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of chopped spinach
- 250g mozzarella, cubed
- Handful of grated cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Boil the potatoes and onions for 5-6 mins
- Drain and pour into a square lined baking tray
- Top with tomatoes, spinach and mozzarella
- Pour over the beaten egg plus sprinkle with grated cheese & season
Bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees... enjoy with a crisp green salad ❤️💕😋
Third on the list is a juicy heart warming honey pork casserole, perfect for this time of year.
Honey Pork Casserole
- 100g dried apricots
- 600ml chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3tbs oil
- 750g pork shoulder in small cubes
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp mixed spices
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 50g pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Heat stock and pour over apricots... set aside for 30 mins to plump up
- Put apricots and half the stock into food processor, add garlic and whizz TIL smooth.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in large casserole pan and add pork and honey. Fry until brown.. set aside.
- Add 2tbsp oil to casserole dish and fry onions, leeks, celery... add spices, apricot purée, remainder of stock and nuts. Finally add pork and season.
- Cover with lid and cook in oven for 1.5 - 2 hours until tender.
- Top with parsley or coriander and serve with buttery celeriac mash and green veg
Thank You Mimi xxx