Autumn recipes are all about warming comfort food that gives you a big hug from the inside out.
From using the last of the summer ingredients to making comfort food for the cooler nights, Autumn is one of the best seasons to spend in the kitchen.
Here are our favourite recipes for Autumn including a wonderful chutney contribution from customer Mimi and a warming curry from Marketing Manager Hatty.
Apple & Cinnamon Crumble Cake
Source: Delicious Magazine
Sweet baked apples, warming cinnamon and crunchy almonds go into this gorgeous apple cake recipe. Then, it’s topped with a brown sugar crumble and pink lady apples.
- 400g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm chunks
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 225g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 225g caster sugar, plus extra for dredging
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g ground almonds
For the apple crumble topping
- Knob of butter
- 2 eating apples (we used pink lady), cored and sliced
- 30g butter, chilled and cubed
- 50g plain flour
- 30g soft brown sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon